01 02 03 <$luxuryblush$> 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Makeup Starter Kit

34



I didn't start wearing makeup until I was in year 11 at school, so I haven't been into makeup for that long really. I might have worn mascara before this, but I remember not wearing foundation or anything like that until later on whilst at school, as my skin isn't that bad, so I didn't think that I needed it.

I do know that when shopping for makeup it can be a daunting, as there are so many products to pick from and when you're younger, you won't be certain what is suited to you, and a big concern will be price, as you won't want to be spending loads, so I have decided to do a Makeup Starter Kit post which should help if you are starting out in makeup.

Foundation



Foundations can be quite scary when you're just starting out, as you don't want to get the wrong shade, as you'll be stuck with a product that you can't use. It's also important to get a foundation that suits your skin type. Rimmel offer a great range of foundations all that are affordable and long lasting. My current foundation is the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum in the shade 51, it offers a good coverage and has a yellow undertone which suits my skin. 

If you want something that isn't a full coverage then you're best of going with a BB cream, The Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream, is good for this, as even though it isn't a full coverage, it has SPF in and has many benefits for the skin, so it is a good place to start.


Concealer


Concealer is great for covering up any blemishes that you may have. One that I think just about everyone would recommend is the Collection Lasting Perfecting Concealer. It's £3.99 and lasts for ages! Another concealer that I like is Soap and Glory's Kick Ass concealer. as you get two shades of concealer and a setting powder. 



Powder



Powder is great for oily skin, as it stops you from looking shiny and gives a matte look. Powder is also great for the staying power of makeup. I recommend the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder, as it does what it is supposed to and is priced at £3.99,



Blusher and Bronzer 



I don't feel like these products are a must have when you're first starting out. If you would like to add blush to your collection, I feel like the Sleek and MUA blushers are the places to start. For bronzer I recommend the Rimmel Natural Bronzer, as I feel like it's good for contour, and adding a bit of extra colour to the face.

Eyebrows

I can't really help you with this, as I don't do anything to my brows, but I have heard great things about Soap and Glory's Archery, as well as Collection Work The Colour Eyebrow Kit.

Eyes



For eyeshadow palettes, good brands to start with are MUA, Makeup Revolution and Sleek, as they offer dupes to big brands such as Urban Decay and Too Faced. A good brand for mascara is Maybelline, especially the Lash Sensation.

Lips



When you're starting out with lips, you probably won't want full on bright lips, but a good place to start would be the Rimmel Kate Moss Lipsticks, I have done a post going into a bit of detail on them, so if you would like to check that out, then click here! Another good place to start would be Maybelline Baby Lips, as they are moisturising and add that bit of colour.

I hope this post helps you!

Thank you for reading!




35 36 37 38