01 02 03 <$luxuryblush$> 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Blogmas Day 8: Favourite Christmas Films

34



As we've finally hit December it's now acceptable to whack out the Christmas films, music and anything slightly related to Christmas without feeling any guilt of being too early.

There are plenty of Christmas films out there and I thought I would share my favourites. Now I'm not the biggest film person, but there's something about Christmas films that really gets you in the spirit, especially when you're all tucked up with a hot chocolate and Christmas candles burning.

I'm going to put these in no specific order, as trying to rank these in order would take forever.

1. Elf



Probably one of the most talked about Christmas films and for good reason! It stars Will Ferrell and it is definitely one of those films that if you haven't seen it then you're missing out, as it is quoted every where! If you want a film that is going to make you laugh then this is it! It's a story about an Elf called Buddy who realises that he isn't actually an Elf, so he goes in search of his real family in New York, and it's great. Would definitely recommend this one!

2. The Muppets Christmas Carol



I think this is so special to me, as I remember watching it in Primary school when it was snowing outside and the school had closed, so they put this film on whilst we waited for our parents to collect us (I remember seeing a lot of it, so thanks Mum!), This film is basically 'A Christmas Carol', but the story is told through the Muppets, it also stars Michael Kane as Scrooge. I love this film, and find that it's a really good feel good film for all of the family to enjoy. Fun Fact: It also has a really good sound track.

3. The Grinch


The Grinch, or by its full title Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas, but I'm pretty sure everybody refers to it as, 'The Grinch'. The film stars Jim Carrey as The Grinch who is absolutely amazing and I personally don't think anyone could play The Grinch better than he does. It is a really festive film that's always being shown on the TV. It is a really good film that all the family will enjoy, with a good message behind it too.

4. Nativity



I remember going to see this film in the cinema when it first came out with one of my friends and it was absolutely amazing, we both loved it. It is quite recent compared to the other Christmas films that I've mentioned, but it's just as good. It it set in a school and really brings up the memories of the school nativity. All of the actors and actresses are amazing too!

5. Home Alone

I hear this film referenced all the time, and this is one that I'd seen parts of, but never fully watched until recently (I know, how awful) It tells the story of a boy played by Macaulay Culkin called Kevin who get's left behind from a family holiday. I would really recommend this one if you're into your comedy films, as it does have some laugh out loud scenes.

6. Polar Express


Can you remember Christmas time at school when somebody would bring a film in and you'd spend all lesson watching it? Well that's what happened with this one and I loved it, I loved it that much that it's now years later and it's stuck with me. The film is actually set in the 1950's and follows the story of train heading to the North Pole. It is a really good family film that people of all ages will enjoy.

I'm going to end this there, the list could actually go on, but I'm sure reading about six is enough!

What's your favourite Christmas film?

Thank you for reading!






35 36 37 38