01 02 03 <$luxuryblush$> 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

20 Things I've Learnt in 20 Years

34



This feels so crazy to write, as I can't believe I'm 20. That may have something to do with the fact I still look about 10, or the fact that it's gone really quickly. I remember when I was young and I'd hear the song Dancing Queen by ABBA (Random I know, just stick with me on this), and the line 'You are the dancing queen, young and sweet, only seventeen' really stuck with me, as I would imagine being 17 and what I thought it would be like, and now to be three years older; is a little bit scary.

It's strange to think about in a way. There was a time when I was too young to leave the street, had to be home at a certain time and let's not forget getting £1 off your mum and going the shop with your friend and pigging out on too many sweets. Did anybody else do that?

This post has definitely got a little deep, but as this post goes up, I'll be 20. I'll hold my hands up and say this is pre-written, as right now, I'll be on holiday celebrating mine and my mums birthday. (She's the 25th and I'm the 27th)

Enough intro, let's get into the 20 things I've learnt in 20 years.

1. Not everyone is going to support you, and that's okay

2. Travelling is not a waste of money

3. Change is nothing to be afraid of

4. Always be honest; nobody likes a liar

5. Makeup wipes only dry out my skin, no matter how quick they are

6. Don't fear failure; it happens from time to time. Learn from it and move on

7. Leaving the house for 10 minutes does not require a full face of makeup

8. Everybody has their own struggles going on behind the scenes

9. Not going to uni is perfectly fine

10. Quality over quantity

11. Sometimes a Lush bath can make everything feel better


12. Focus on yourself'; not on what everybody else is doing

13. Hard work gets rewarded

14. No matter how hard you try, you can't change someone

15. Procrastination is never a good thing

16. It's okay to ask for help

17. Not everybody has good intentions

18. There's always a silver lining, no matter how hard it is too find

19. Be kind to others and yourself

20. Things do get better, it might not feel like it, but they will

Thank you for reading!



35 36 37 38