01 02 03 <$luxuryblush$> 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

My Makeup Geek Eyeshadow Collection!

34


I don't know why it took me so long to buy from Makeup Geek, but here I am; finally joining in on the hype. I started off by buying three and then purchased a few more when I realised that these are lovely products.

I store these in my Z palette which I also bought specifically for these shadows. I have the large white one from the Sunset Collection; I very nearly went with Lilac for a change, but it's not surprising that I went for classic white. There's no mirror, but I actually like that you can see the shadows through the top, as it's something a little different.

I got both the palette and the shadows from Beauty Bay. The Z palettes are £17.50 and the shadows are £6 each and £9.25 for the foiled formula.

Enough about that, let's get into the actual products!

Shimma Shimma


I love a champagne shade, so there is no shock that this was one of the first ones that I got. This is described on the Makeup Geek website as a Metallic Champagne, and it is absolutely gorgeous! This goes on really easily and is beautiful for an inner corner highlight, brow bone highlight or general use on the lid, so just about anything really!

Cocoa Bear


I'd heard everyone talk about this, so I just had to try it for myself. Cocoa Bear is a warm brown with a matte finish that also has a red undertone. Makeup Geek describe this as a matte reddish brown. I find this to be incredibly pigmented, so you don't need to use a lot. I've also heard that this is a dupe for Swiss Chocolate by MAC, but as I haven't tried that one, who knows.

Cupcake


I'm trying to be a little adventurous with eye shadow this year, and I love pink, so naturally Cupcake found it's way into my basket. I am yet to try this, but I think it will be pretty in the crease as a transition maybe? From what I swatched, this seems to be really creamy and pigmented. Makeup Geek describes this shade as a matte medium pink.

Chickadee


Again I'm trying to be a little adventurous with shades, and I'm pretty sure I've seen Sophdoesnails with this, so I decided to give it a go. This is described as a tangerine orange with yellow undertones and a matte finish. This might be another transition shade or it would look pretty under the bottom lash line.

Tan Lines


This shade is described as a fawn brown with a matte finish. It is such a stunning warm, mid tone tan shade that is a gorgeous shade for the crease which is quite subtle, it also looks a little orange. I did find that this shade doesn't swatch very nicely, but it applies a lot better.

Anarchy


Anarchy is described as a medium Marsala with a shimmery finish. I personally love a shimmery finish and think this colour definitely fits well with the red shadow trend that's around at the moment. It also has copper undertones, that really compliment the red.

Grandstand


This is the only one that I got from the foiled formula, mainly because I've heard so many good things about this one and the colour looks stunning! This one is described as a medium rose gold with slight taupe undertones. I love the formula, as it swatches and applies beautifully.

Left to Right: Cupcake, Chickadee and Cocoa Bear

Left to Right: Shimma Shimma, Anarchy, Grandstand and Tan Lines

I don't have the biggest collection, but I love each shade that I own and think the quality is incredible, especially for the price!

Have you tried Makeup Geek?

Thank you for reading!













35 36 37 38